Textile Art Piece (TAP) Challenge
TEXTILE ART PIECE (TAP) CHALLENGE 2021
The 2021 TEA Textile Art Piece (TAP) Challenge sponsored by S&S will again offer two design briefs.
This will allow teachers of Technology Mandatory the opportunity to incorporate this highly successful Stage 5 design project into their Stage 4 programs.
The theme for 2021 is –
General guidelines –
- may be a hanging art quilt, decorative mat, a sculpture, an ornament, a cushion cover, etc.
- should be no larger than a volume equivalent to 40cm x 40cm x 5cm
- include a minimum of 75% textile materials
- incorporate at least 3 decorative techniques and demonstrate creativity in design and construction
- able to be easily displayed on a wall or table
- respect Indigenous and cultural protocols
- each school may enter a maximum of two (2) entries for each of Stage 4 and Stage 5
In order to assist students in their design development, the design and production process could be documented at a school level with the production of a folio. It is not necessary to include this documentation when submitting the selected TAP projects for judging.
The TAP Challenge is based on the Textile Art Piece only.
Entries to be received by Friday 17th September 2021 (Term 3, Week 10)