Textile Art Piece (TAP)
Textile Art Piece
Sponsored by S&S Creativity Unlimited
Keep working with your students to create amazing projects.
We look forward to seeing these being submitted at the end of Term 3!
2018 TEXTILES ART
“Contemporary Australia” Inspiration is defined by what Australia means to you – music, culture, sport, school, family, the beach, the country, urban life or identity – your choice is as wide as your Australia.
- The textile art piece should be no larger than 50cm x 50cm
- Incorporate at least 3 decorative
- The textile art piece must reflect the “Contemporary Australia”
- The textile art piece must be accompanied by a description of what inspired the Judging criteria:
- Must be student own work.
- Demonstrates well executed textiles
- Reflects the “Contemporary Australia”
- No larger than 50cm x
- Structured written description of inspiration in 250 words or less
The textile art piece could include apparel, furnishings, costume, textile arts and non- apparel.
- Complete the application form and email to
- You will receive a confirmation email to acknowledge your
- Entries to be received by July 6th, Week 10, Term 2,
- All entries to be posted to: 2018 Textiles Art Competition c/- Hunter TEA
36 Elkin Avenue, Heatherbrae NSW 2324
- All entries must have a completed Identification tag safely secured with Student name, Grade and School
- Announced judges’ decision will be made via
- All student entries will be displayed at the Newcastle Stitches and Craft show August 16 –
- All students will receive a certificate of participation via
- An email notification indication return of project will be sent after the exhibition at the Stitches and Craft in Newcastle
2018 TEXTILES ART COMPETITION
|Full School Name:|
|Describe what inspired the design of your Textile Art Piece in 250 words or less.
0403 866 379
Entries to be received by:
July 6th, Week 10 (Term 2, 2018)
Entries to be posted to:
36 Elkin Ave, Heatherbrae NSW 2324
2016….In the Garden